You've been begging for this one for years! We got you! ;)
Legendary Outlaws is our proprietary version of the classic "robber" oil blend. The legend of this reknowned blend of essential oils dates back to France in the Middle Ages; its a fascinating and macabre tale of a band of plundering thieves who would douse themselves, their clothing and face coverings with a secret blend of herbs and oils to protect themselves from the Bubonic Plague (aka the Black Death) as they mercilessly raided the homes of the affected and dead. When the thieves were finally brought to justice, the judge allowed them to be hanged vs burned alive in exchange for the recipe. The recipe was then utilized by "plague doctors" when treating the sick (oh you know the ones...with the creepy bird beak!) and has been handed down for hundreds of years since, becoming a staple amongst herbalists, aromatherapists and wellness enthusiasts to this day.
Around that same era (late 1300's to early 1400's), there purportedly existed another legendary band of thieves - this group haunted the woods of Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, England with their fearless leader, Robin of Loxley, aka Robin Hood. Robin and his band of Merry Men became famous for robbing the poor and giving their loot to the poor. Historians continue to debate the existence of Robin as a real person, while numerous literary references date back to the 15th century, including Shakespeare. From folklore to literature to the big screen, the story of this legendary outlaw and his crew has fascinated us for centuries.
Our Legendary Outlaws bars are meant to be used as a naturally anti-bacterial hand soap. Our essential oil blend contains the usual suspects....lemon, eucalyptus, clove, rosemary, etc, plus a few others known for their anti-bacterial effects.
Approx 2.5-3.0oz bar
Handcrafted soap will continue to evaporate water and lose weight over time. This makes for a finer, harder, and longer lasting bar.
Ingredients:Olive oil, Distilled water, Coconut oil, Cocoa butter, Hi-oleic Sunflower seed oil, Sodium hydroxide*, Mango seed butter, Avocado oil, Castor oil, French green clay, Sodium lactate & Essential oils
*None remains in final product
Legendary Outlaws Artisan Botanical Soap
Handmade soaps need to breathe! We recommend storing your soap on a slatted or free draining soap dish so that it can air dry in between uses.
- Remove botanical toppings prior to use.
- Don't allow your soap to sit in a puddle of water.
- Use a wash cloth, loofah or soap saver bag to extend the life of your soap bar.
- Use your soap bar within one year of purchase. I know they're pretty to look at, but they're intended to be used so enjoy them! :)
- Store unused soap out of direct sunlight and away from extreme temperature fluctuations and high humidity conditions.
- You may experience colored lather with dark or brightly colored bars; however, no permanent staining should occur.
- Discontinue use if irritation occurs
- Soaps are for external use only & are not edible